9 Very Surprising Facts About Our Planet You’ve Never Heard Before

Known is a drop, the unknown is an ocean. Every day happens to be a learning process. We tend to discover something new which surprises and amazes us at the same time.
So here we bring you a consolidated list of very surprising facts which you wouldn’t have heard before.
The Tallest Mountain
It is definitely not Mount Everest as we have grown up believing. With an altitude of 4,205 m above sea level, the Hawaiian Mauna Kea has its biggest part of the volcano resting below the Sea level.If you end up measuring Mauna Kea from the base of the summit it accounts to 10,203 m high whereas the Mount Everest is 1355 m high.
A Visible Line
There is a border called the Karman line along the Earth’s atmosphere.This line is a universally acknowledged line that lies at a height of 100 km above sea level. In spite of the fact that the level of Earth’s atmosphere closes considerably higher, this very line was perceived by The World Air Sports Federation as the limit between the environment and space.
Driest Area on Earth

The driest place on Earth is the Atacama Desert in Chile that hasn’t had precipitation for a large number of years. However, the McMurdo Dry Valleys in Antarctica have seen no rain for almost 2 million years. The winds here can achieve velocities of 320 km/h.
Water Water Everwhere?
The seas and oceans hold 97% of Earth’s water, however, it’s salty sea water, not appropriate for drinking. The rest of the 3% of aggregate freshwater is held in glaciers (70%) and in Lake Baikal (20%).
Oldest Temple On Earth
Göbekli Tepe, the most established known sanctuary, is situated in southern Turkey. Specialists trust that the carvings on the columns demonstrate that around 11,000 years prior a comet strike caused a sudden temperature drop on our planet.
The Earth’s Natural Satelite

Swedish researchers propose that about 4.36 billion years prior planet Earth slammed into theorized planetary-mass question Theia, prompting the arrangement of Earth’s natural satellite the Moon.
Reuniting The Continents
As we probably are aware, Pangea, a supercontinent that existed 335-175 million years back, part into two unique landmasses, shaping Laurasia and Gondwana. Afterward, the two split separated to shape every one of the seven continents.
Although, researchers trust the continents will gather together again in 250-300 a long time from now and will turn into a solitary supercontinent called Pangaea Ultima.
The Dark Side

As we probably are aware, the World Ocean involves 71% of our planet’s surface. The profundity of the water presented to daylight is no more that 200 m, so whatever is left of the water is left dark. Along these lines, the vast majority of our planet rests in the dark at any point in a day.
Time Difference
In spite of the fact that American Samoa is just 2,000 km far from the Line Islands that frame some portion of Kiribati, the time contrast between the two neighbors is 25 hours.